Orient Express Club Scrap Kit (September 2011) - Pages 1 and 2

Here are pages 1 and 2 of the September 2011 Orient Express Club Scrap Kit.
You can click here to view my introduction where I introduce all the items included in the kit.
Let's look below for further details about this layout.

Here is the first page of this two page layout. My base page is a patterned paper from the kit.
I have one photo mat on creme colored cardstock that is cut to 5 1/4" x 3 3/4".

I have a small strip of black cardstock at the top of the page and it is cut at 8 1/2" x 1/2". I have
three red photo mats evenly placed at the top over the black strip and they are cut at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".

This was a stamp from the kit that I stamped on white cardstock then colored the red train wheel,
hill, trees, and tracks with watercolor pencils and then the blue, yellow and gray I used chalk. I used
chalk on the background, sky, and train along with the rails on the track.

This is a cut apart that was included in the kit and I stapled three red or burgundy ribbons to
the side of the card with my office stapler. The ribbon was also included in the kit. You do have to have
the embellishment pack as a side order or pay a little extra for it, if you choose something else as your side order.
I choose the embellishment pack as my side order and pay extra for the CS unmounted stamps,
and borders and backgrounds unmounted stamp. I actually just started getting the
borders and backgrounds unmounted stamp in my August 2013 Tribal kit.

Here is page two of the two page layout. My base page is red cardstock.
I have a patterned paper set at the top left and bottom left of the page. The
patterned cardstock at the top left is cut at about 4" x 7 1/2" and the patterned cardstock
at the bottom left of the page is cut at about 4" x 2 3/4" I have several black strip
 on this page. The to going down the page are cut at 1/2" x 11" and the
 other black strips going across the page are cut at 8 1/2" x 1/2".

I used two stamps from the kit. I used a mesh stamp in which I stamped on creme
cardstock and I stamped it in black and then in blue. The cardstock I stamped in blue
 is cut at 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" and the cardstock I stamped using black ink is cut the same width,
which is 3 1/2" and it is cut with decorative scissors and placed behind the
blue piece.  I took the word "choo choo" and stamped in the center of
the cardstock I stamped using the mesh stamp with blue ink.
This is popped up using one layer of foam.

I have a card that is a cut apart, but I am going to use it for journaling.
I wrapped a red ribbon that came with the kit around the card and tied a knot.

I used Word on my computer to type this sentiment and then printed it on computer
 paper to find the right placement before printing on my red cardstock.

I have this embellishment that I made using stamps. I stamped using the mesh stamp.
I stamped once using blue ink and that is cut at 3 3/4" x 1 3/4" and the black mesh is cut at 3 3/4".
I have this popped up on dimensional foam. I stamped in the center of the blue mesh with the
 bridge stamp. The black mesh is cut with decorative scissors and set behind the blue mesh.

I have two small squares that are cut at 1 1/4" x 1 1/2". They will serve as a embellishment
or i can put pictures on them, but chances are they will stay this way.


Click below to view my YouTube video:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Child Powered Snow Plow Scrapbook Layout (November 2017 Hip Kit) Page 6

Aurora Borealis Club Scrap Kit (December 2011) - Pages 11 and 12

2nd Grade Literacy Night Scrapbook Layout (September 2021 Hip Kit) Page 7