Dream In Color June 2011 Club Scrap Kit (Pages 3 and 4)



This is the two page layout I did using the June 2011 Dream In Color Club Scrap Kit. This is pages 3 and 4 of the kit. I used everything from the kit except the white flower sequins at the bottom of the pages. I have my YouTube video linked under the pictures if you would like to see this page being put together.
4
This is page 3 and I have two photo mats. The red cardstock is cut at 5 1/2" X 4",  the white cardstock is cut at  5 1/4" X 3 3/4" and will fit a 5" X 3 1/2" photo. I cut a strip of patterned paper that matches the backround page to put over the photo mat and I layered sequins that came with the kit over the top of the strip. I cut a small mat for journaling and wrapped a pink felt ribbon around and tied a bow. I put a strip of red cardstock at the bottom of the page and layered a sticker embellishment at the bottom edge of the page, so it will match up with the other half on the second page. I used white sequin flowers I had in my stash and layered a bead that came with the kit in the center of the flower.

This is a closer look at the photo mat. You can see how I layered on the strip of patterned paper along the bottom of the photo mat and the sequins layered on top. I have the patterned strip wrapped around to the back of the white cardstock, so a photo will easily slip in underneath.

This is a closeup of the journaling mats I have with a felt ribbon wrapped around for embellishment and dimension. I also have all the edges inked with a burgundy ink to add dimension and make the cardstock and embellishments stand off the page.

Here is a look at the bottom of the page. This shows the sticker I used with a sentiment on it along with the white flower sequins that contains a small bead in the center.

I have shown a closeup of the sticker, so you can see the first half of the sentiment while the second half is on the second page, so when the two pages are put together the sentiment fits back together as if it was never cut in half.

Here is a look at the white flower sequins with the bead I added in the center. The beads came with the kit. I attached the flowers and the beads with a glue dot.
Here is a look at the second page. I have two photo mats with the same strip running along with the bottom allowing a photo to slip in underneath. It also shows the sequins that came in the kit centered on top. The other half of the sentiment sticker is at the bottom left edge of the page so it will fit back together when the two pages are set side by side.

Here is the photo mat with patterned paper strip at the bottom along with the red strip of cardstock that contains the sticker sentiment along with the white sequin flowers as seen on the first page.

I added the white flower sequins to the right of the sentiment, which is opposite that of the first page. I placed the flowers on the left of the sticker on the first page. I once again attached all sequins and beads with a glue dot.

Here is the second half of the sticker, which shows the rest of the sentiment. 

Here is a closeup of the photo mats and it shows the details of the patterned strip as well as the sequins, which are attached using a homemade glue dot.

Click below to watch the YouTube video:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Child Powered Snow Plow Scrapbook Layout (November 2017 Hip Kit) Page 6

Aurora Borealis Club Scrap Kit (December 2011) - Pages 11 and 12

2nd Grade Literacy Night Scrapbook Layout (September 2021 Hip Kit) Page 7