Dream In Color June 2011 Club Scrap Kit (Pages 21 and 22)

I like how this layout turned out. I really like the combination of colors. It really brought this layout together. The cardstock is from my own stash and the patterned papers are from the kit. By this point in the kit, I was using up pieces of scraps that I had left over from cutting the larger papers down to size.

The first page in this two page layout has a lot going on.  I used two different patterned paper
from the kit and the cardstock is from my own stash.

I cut two different pieces of the green patterned paper and layered sequins on top.
The top green pattern is cut at 3 3/4" x 1" while the bottom green pattern is cut at 1" x 2 3/4".

I cut pink sheet into a 6" x 6" square then cut it in half diagonal from a top corner to a bottom corner then I laid the pink pieces behind the larger patterned paper. I put on pink piece in the upper left corner and the other in the bottom right corner. The large patterned paper is cut to 6 1/4" x 8". The photo mats are double matted. The green is 4" x 5 3/4" while the pink photo mat is cut at 3 3/4" x 5 1/4". The pink photo mat will fit a 3 1/4" x 5" portrait photo. 

I had this vellum quote in my stash, so I used that to serve as a title.
 I attached using velllum tape.

This is the second page of this two page layout.  I have a large green cardstock layered onto the blue cardstock. The green cardstock is cut at 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" and this is used to hold the photo mats and sequins.

I have a pink photo mat that is cut at 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" and then I have a photo mat that is
double matted using a patterned paper from the kit, but it can be used just as a accent to the page or even to hold journaling. I put sequins on either side of the photo mats
 to add dimension and color to the page.

I have a second photo mat that is double matted.
 The pink mat is cut at 5 1/2" x 4" and the patterned paper mat is cut at 5 1/4" x 3 3/4".
This can be used to house a photo, to just set as is to serve as a embellishment to the page, or
 it can be used for journaling, but the journaling will need to be done on vellum and
 then cut to fit on the mat because the paper is glossy and the ink will smear. 

At the bottom of the page I cut a strip to fit at the bottom under the
green cardstock and photo mats. The pink cardstock is cut at 6 3/4" x 1 1/4"
while the patterned strip is cut at 6 1/2" x 1".


Click below to view my YouTube video:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Child Powered Snow Plow Scrapbook Layout (November 2017 Hip Kit) Page 6

Aurora Borealis Club Scrap Kit (December 2011) - Pages 11 and 12

2nd Grade Literacy Night Scrapbook Layout (September 2021 Hip Kit) Page 7