Just Dandy Club Scrap Kit (July 2011) - Pages 11 and 12

Here are pages 11 and 12 of the July 2011 Just Dandy Club Scrap kit. I used
the Scrap Rap newsletter to get layout ideas. Inside they give 14
different layouts using the papers, stamps, and embellishments. 

Let's take a look at the first page. At the top I took a patterned paper from the
kit and tore two of the edges. It is 8 1/2" wide.  I then took a reddish-brown cardstock
that is from my own stash and tore two of its edges and layered it on top. It also is 8 1/2" wide.

This is the photo mat. I inked the background using a yellow ink and the mesh
stamp that came with the kit. I cut a 3/4" yellow strip and attached it to the back of
the photo mat, so a photo can easily slip under the strip. I attached sequins to
the top of the yellow strip using glue dots.

The two layers at the top of the page was to long, so it had to be trimmed off the edge
after being attached to the page and it just so happen that it looked really good and
added color behind my dandelion. I made this dandelion using 3 different sized circles.
I placed a sequin in the center. You can click here and go to page 3 to get the step by step directions.

I used a tag stencil to make this tag. You can easily use the Cricut to cut a tag.
I just felt it easier to just use a stencil. I wrapped a lime green twine from The Twinery
around the top of the tag. I used the life is dandy stamp that came with the kit and
 stamped it on creme cardstock then attached it to the bottom f the tag.

I made this border using stamps from the July 2012 Sorrento kit. I stamped the border on
creme cardstock using antique brown ink. The creme cardstock is triple mounted. The
creme cardstock is cut to 8 1/2" x 1 3/4". The mustard colored cardstock is cut at 8 1/2" x 2"
 and the yellow cardstock is cut  at 8 1/2" x 2 1/4".

Here is a look at the second page of this two page layout. The first page was on
a patterned paper from the kit while this reddish-brown cardstock is from my own stash.
I took the other piece of pattern from the first page I tore and used the rest of the page here.
It is 11" long, but the width varies since it is torn.

I have a portrait style photo mat mounted on yellow cardstock. The photo mat is cut at
3 1/2" x 5" and the yellow cardstock is cut at 4" x 7". I drew some journaling lines at the bottom .
I added a small dandelion that I made and put a sequin in the middle.
Here is another photo mat on this page. It is cut at 5 1/4" x 3 3/4". I put a 3/4"
yellow strip along the bottom and attached to the back so a photo can
slip in underneath and attached sequins using glue dots.


Click below to view my YouTube video:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Child Powered Snow Plow Scrapbook Layout (November 2017 Hip Kit) Page 6

Aurora Borealis Club Scrap Kit (December 2011) - Pages 11 and 12

2nd Grade Literacy Night Scrapbook Layout (September 2021 Hip Kit) Page 7